7/22/2014

Day 4; You Got Mail

First of all - all the time in NYC the songs from the movie You Got Mail were going thru my mind. Could not stop singing them. The good thing is that with all the noise around I could sing them anywhere and no one once said I was bothering them.

After realizing that my hotel is on exact street where Tom Hanks (Joe) gets out of his 152 Riverside Drive apartment building....


...and that West End avenue where Meg Ryan (Kathleen) walks to work is one block away...


...I naturally had the craving to find Cafe Lalo where the sequence of the first "meeting" takes place. Where Kathleen does not know that Joe is her corespondent and she unloads a pile of zingers at him...the Cafe is lovely. I loved every corner of it and this is my favorite view of the Cafe...


There's also another revelation that I had after finding Starbucks on the corner of 81st and Broadway. It's the exact Starbucks where several scenes were shot since Joe and Kathleen were both West Siders and kept "casually" meeting...


And the famous market scene where Kathleen tries so hard to avoid Joe that she misses the "cash only" sign and gets in the wrong line only to find out at the cahs register that she cannot pay with her Visa credit card...cue Joe :-). Zabar's is as good as it gets, any true gourmet shopper needs to visit this store;


This concludes our You Got Mail movie experience tour. I hope you loved it as much as I did. Next time I'm in NYC I'd be glad to take you to any of these places.

No comments: